Effective Date: September 29, 2019
This Notice provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.
We at Way of Insight and our affiliates with whom you have a business relationship (“Way of Insight”, “we”, “us”) care deeply about your privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we obtain from individuals through our websites, products, services, and web-based applications (collectively, the “Services”).
When you access or use our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this Notice and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes).
As Way of Insight grows, we may update this Notice, or other privacy notices that we establish for individual products, at any time as we deem appropriate to reflect those changes. Where the changes are material, we will post them here in advance and, if the changes are likely to affect you personally, we will also attempt to contact you directly (such as via email if we have your email address). It is important that you check back from time to time and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Notice.
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Notice, we will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is important. For example, when a consumer purchases one of our products we must collect their name, email address, and payment information to complete the transaction. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide our products and services, including this Site, and improve them over time;
- Allow you to purchase products and services;
- Personalize and manage our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or services that may be of interest to you or to provide customer support;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events;
- Work with and respond to law enforcement and regulators; and
- Research matters relating to our business such as security threats and vulnerabilities.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The following are examples of the type of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and bank account information);
- Way of Insight purchase or product/service use history;
- Account log-in credentials;
- Your location;
- Your interests;
- Demographic information;
- Benefits or outcomes you want to achieve through our Services.
In addition to the above, we may also collect other information related to user interactions with or use of our Services (“Usage Data”). Much of this Usage Data, for example, clickstream data and aggregate usage statistics, is generally not personally identifying. On the other hand, some of this Usage Data either alone or when combined or linked with your Personal Information may allow your identity to be discovered. In such cases, we treat the combined data as Personal Information. In many cases, Usage Data is gathered automatically by systems or technology such as cookies (see more information about Information Collected Automatically below).
The following are examples of the type of Usage Data that may be collected by Way of Insight from your web browser or related to your interactions with our products and services:
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP address, browser characteristics, device ID, operating system, and language preferences);
- Activities on our websites and usage patterns of products and services (including referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and clickstream data);
- Details about Internet, App, or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, information about applications that attempt to access your network, or traffic data);
- Data about files and communications, such as potential malware or spam (which may include computer files, emails and attachments, email addresses, metadata, and traffic data, or portions or hashes—a hash file is a file that has been converted into a numerical string by a mathematical algorithm—of any of this information).
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Services and, in some cases, from third parties.
Information That You Give Us: Typically the information we collect directly from you are your contact details, payment or billing data, and relationship information like the content of customer service requests that you initiate, reviews you submit on our products or responses to surveys. You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to engage in certain activities, such as payment information required to complete a purchase.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with our Site and Services, we receive and store information generated by your activity, like Usage Data, and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. This information may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; products you viewed or searched for; and areas of our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit and purchase or use the Services. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
In most cases, this information is generated by various tracking technologies. Tracking technologies may include “cookies,” “flash LSOs,” “web beacons” or “web bugs,” and “clear GIFs”.
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information about the cookies and other similar technologies that we use.
Information from Other Sources: If we receive any information about you from other sources, we may add it to the information we already have about you. For example, if we receive a list of subscribers to a publication and we note that you are a user of our products and also a subscriber, we may combine that information. Examples of information we may receive from other sources include updated delivery or payment information which we use to correct our records, purchase or redemption information, customer support or enrollment information, page view, search term and search result information from business partners, and credit or identity information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
Way of Insight primarily uses your information to provide Way of Insight Services, to customize or improve our offerings or to recommend other products or services we think you may find of interest (once you have opted-in for such communication).
Business Uses. We may use Personal Information for other business purposes, including to:
- Analyze users’ behaviour when using Way of Insight products and services to customize preferences;
- Establish and manage Way of Insight accounts;
- Collect and process payments and complete transactions;
- Provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, and other offers and promotions;
- Enable posting on our blogs and other communications;
- Customize, measure, and improve our websites, products, services, and advertising;
- Analyze and develop new products, services, and websites;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behaviour, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- Perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
Processing as Part of the Services. We also process certain information to ensure the safety and proper functioning of our Services including:
- Spam protection;
- Virus protection;
- Intrusion detection, prevention, and protection;
- Threat prevention and prediction;
- Network defence;
- Data encryption;
- Back-up and recovery activities.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Other users where integral to particular Services where you have chosen to share such information, or where you have posted user content (e.g., comments and reviews, social media posts, photos or locations to groups you create);
- Authorized service providers who perform services for us (including cloud services, data storage, sales, marketing, investigations, payment processing, customer support, and bill collection).
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk.
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity (including identifying those who use our services for illegal activities). We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies activities that we in good faith believe to be illegal.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use such Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this Notice).
- In order to provide marketing and advertising content about our products, or other products which may interest you, we may share your Usage Data, as well as anonymized information with third-party ad networks, social media partners, and similar providers. A more detailed discussion of our relationship with third-party advertisers is set forth below under the heading “Third-Party Advertising“.
- With others only after obtaining your consent. If we want to share Personal Information other than as permitted or described above, we will provide you with a choice to opt into such sharing and you may choose to instruct us not to share the information.
Do Not Track Disclosure: Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with our users and what Personal Information we obtain about them. Many Way of Insight products allows users to make choices about the Personal Information collected.
- You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link or other instructions in our marketing emails.
- To remove your Personal Information from a Way of Insight website testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you chose to no longer receive marketing information, Way of Insight may still communicate with you regarding such things as product functionality, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing/administrative related purposes.
How you can access and correct inaccuracies
You may request access or changes to, or removal of, your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws by contacting us as indicated below. We will advise you of any applicable fee prior to performing your request.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. Way of Insight will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, reasonably necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, or to provide you with feedback or information you might request. The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United Kingdom and Unite States.
Way of Insight does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent in accordance with applicable laws like the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States. We do not knowingly use Personal Information from children for any purpose except to deliver the products that are designed to offer family-related or child-related Services. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us using the Contact Us details below and we will promptly respond.
Way of Insight is headquartered in the United Kingdom and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and United Kingdom. We do not knowingly transfer your information to any other region.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Way of Insight. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Way of Insight.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or would like to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us:
By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org